Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Internet Overload or Where's my writing???

So, here I am at 9:18 PST on a Wednesday morning trying to figure out how to turn hobbies and dreams into money. I realize that this is an age old tale that has founded many restaurants, specialty shops, websites and failed business attempts galore. The fact of the matter is, the long hours my day job, although I love parts of it, is getting to wear on me and I want a change. I want a creative change. I want to be a writer and artist and I want to get paid for it. How terrifying that sounds - impossible really. It seems especially unattainable after the morning I have just spent online looking at ambiguous ads for "blogger wanted", "reviews wanted" and even "creative writer". Of course there are tons of these ads out there... I'm just struggling to figure out how to make that first step. Everyone wants someone who has already "done it" and so a person feels desperately doomed to fail when they have to try for the first time. Perhaps the theme of THIS blog is currently emerging... THE FEAR OF THE FIRST. How scary it is to take the first risk - whether you are trying to get a new job, lose weight, start a new relationship or even move around your furniture. Its true, there are people out there who never have this problem. Those inherently brave soles who just stride through life like challenge is what they have been waiting for. As if doing something completely different is as normal as risking to load the dishwasher without completely washing off last nights mac & cheese.

So. I guess now I have to go for it right? I promise I will apply for at least three writing posts, regardless of how trivial or how much I don't know how to sell myself. Here we go!!!!

0 comments:

On Tumblr! suzlala.tumblr.com

The Look

<!--BEGIN HYPE WIDGET--><script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://lookbook.nu/look/widget/1021728.js?include=photo&size=medium&style=button&align=center"></script><div id="hype_container_1021728"></div><!--END HYPE WIDGET-->