Thursday, March 18, 2010

Stay employed when unemployed.

Its been hard to keep busy and feel productive while unemployed. I was doing better the first few weeks ... but now I have slowly lapsed into complacency. If I even make the slightest effort to find work, I consider myself done for the day and ready to relax.

I've been trying to make "to do" lists for myself and that seems to help. The positive element of this struggle is that it provides an insight into the artists life. I have been writing daily and consider that a triumph. On the other hand, I'm spreading myself thin with multiple hobby projects that have been started but not completed.

Its such a fine line to walk - I am constantly wishing I would get a call for work and also constantly in fear that I will get a job and be too busy to do all the things I have planned!! The problem is that each day I lose steam after 3pm and can't get anything done! So, starting tomorrow I am going to try and regroup and really make some progress. One of my problems is that my mind is never a rest... I am constantly thinking of new things that I want to try.

This entry is a bit of a ramble. I was trying to figure out how to tie in some more interesting element or bit of information... but I think I better just end it in the interest of moving forward to bigger and better things. Or, perhaps I should say, just wait until the next Post! I will have something exciting to say! I promise!

0 comments:

On Tumblr! suzlala.tumblr.com

The Look

<!--BEGIN HYPE WIDGET--><script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://lookbook.nu/look/widget/1021728.js?include=photo&size=medium&style=button&align=center"></script><div id="hype_container_1021728"></div><!--END HYPE WIDGET-->